Newsletter December 1, 2022
School Hours: 7:40am - 2:45pm
Nov 28 - Dec 2
- Oaklawn/Kiwanis Club Food Drive Week - Items to Donate
- Parent Teacher Conferences - 3:30pm-6:30pm
- Field Trip 3rd Grade Ms. Lukashewich and Ms. Guesneau-Paine Art Center
- Field Trip 3rd Grade Ms. Lukashewich - Oshkosh Public Museum
- Parent Teacher Conferences - 3:30pm - 6:30pm
- No School - Staff Development Day
- Field Trip 3rd Grade Mrs. Hendicks - Paine Art Center
- Grades 1 and 2 - Winter Concert, 6:30pm Alberta Kimball Auditorium (West High)
- PTO Santa Literacy Night, 5:30-7:00pm
Dec 23-Jan 2
- No School - Winter Break
- School Back In Session - Welcome 2023!
Winter Concert - Grades 1 and 2 (Link)
Guidelines for Winter Weather Recess
All students must wear snow pants and boots if they want to play in the snow. If students do not have boots they will be asked to stay on the shoveled areas of the track and blacktop.
TEMPERATURE GUIDELINES FOR WHEN CHILDREN ARE OUTDOORS
We keep in mind district suggested guidelines for determining WHEN students go outside for recess, etc. If falling snow is very wet or the playground is very icy, the supervisor on duty will decide whether students should come indoors.
Temperature guidelines that we follow are:
- If 10 degrees or below – STAY IN
- If wind chill is 0 or below – STAY IN
No Parking Areas/Parking Lot Safety
As the weather gets colder (and snowier) we ask parents/caregivers to be extra patient when dropping off and picking up students from school. Please DO NOT park in the No Parking zones. These zones are located on Viola Av around the cross walk on both sides of the street. Cones were put out during the 1st month of school to make families aware of the no parking areas. There is also a No Parking area on Linwood Av along the playground where our school buses park.
Please make sure that all the people who pick up or drop off your child are aware of our parking / drop off / pick up procedures. We have at least 20 feet of No Parking area on both sides of the cross walk so that drivers have the correct amount of time to stop when they see a student waiting to cross the road.
- The school building has some new safety precautions this year. All visitors will be asked to stay in the lobby until they are greeted by the office by using the intercom system. If you have something to drop off, we ask that you label it with the child's name and set it on the counter in the lobby. We will be out to collect it as soon as we are able and get it to your child.
- Students need to be in their seats at 7:45am. Please try to get your child here around 7:30am so they can line up and walk in with their classmates.
- We have started a lost and found. If your child is missing an item they can come to the office and ask.
PTO Meeting (Virtual)
November 14, 2022 Minutes
January 9, 2023
March 13, 2023
May 8, 2023
PTO 2022-23 Events
- Santa Literacy Night - December 19
- Candy Bar Fundraiser - January 2 - 11
- Movie Night - February 24
- Kringle Fundraiser - March 6-16
- Spring Literacy Night - April 10
- Teacher Appreciation - May 1-5
- Dig Into Donuts - May 5
- Dine and Donate - Dairy Queen May 15
- Kona Ice - Last day of school June 2
2022-2023 PTO Leadership Team
President: Jennifer Greenfield
Vice-President: Cassandra Running
Treasurer: Samm Pamperin
Secretary: Shannon Ackerman
Mr. Scott J: Principal 920-424-0170 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OaklawnOwlPTO