May 3, 2023 Newsletter
Future Dates (Link to Website Calendar)
May 1 - 5
- PTO - Teacher Appreciation Week
- Dig In To Donuts, 7AM
- PTO Meeting, 6pm
May 8 -11
- 4th and 5th Grade Human Growth and Development Lessons
- No School
- PTO Dine and Donate, Dairy Queen
- 4th Grade Ms. Retzlaff and Mrs. Larson to Paine Art Center AM
- 4th Grade Ms. Herman to Paine Art Center AM
- 2nd Grade field trip - YMCA on 20th
- 5th Grade Leadership Academy
- Kindergarten Spring Concert, 2pm (Oaklawn Gym)
- 4th Grade Leadership Academy, All Day
- Field Day (Grades K-2 8:30-10:30am) (Grades 3-5 12:15-2:15pm)
- 5th Grade Promotion and D.A.R.E. Graduation, 1pm (Oaklawn Gym) (5th Grade Students must attend all day to participate) Doors open at 12:30pm, please bring an ID with you to check in to the office. We only need an ID if you haven't had it scanned yet.
- 2nd Grade Field Trip - Theater and South Park, All Day
- 3rd Grade/Kindergarten Field Trip - Rev's Bowling and Park, All Day
- No School
- 3rd Grade Field Trip, Bubholz Nature Preserve, All Day
- 1st Grade Field Trip - Mulberry Lane Farm, All Day
- Yearbooks handed out to those who ordered them.
- Last day of school
- PTO Kona Ice Celebration 1-4pm
Jun 12 - July 13 (Monday-Thursday Only)
- Summer School, 8:30-11:30am
DARE Graduation and Promotion Ceremony
Friday, May 26
Doors open at 12:30pm - Door #1
Important information if you are attending......
Parents/Guardians of Grade 5 students are invited to attend this event. Our OASD School Policy requires that all visitors check in at the office for a visitor badge. A valid ID is required. You can pre-register for the event only if you have had your ID scanned at the office during a prior visit. If you do not pre-register, be prepared to wait in line to go through the office to get your visitor badge.
Congratulations Mr. Donnie!
Our wonderful custodian, Mr. Donnie, was awarded the OASD Support Staff of the Year award! Mr. Donnie is a wonderful addition to our staff and we are very thankful that he is part of our Oaklawn family!
Kindergarten Spring Concert
Coats are Required under 60 degrees!
Cold Weather Gear/Spring Mud
Students at Oaklawn are required to wear a coat/jacket outside for recess if the temperature outside is less than 60 degrees. We have many students in the morning on the playground without a coat. It is only 40 degrees some mornings! Please make sure your child is dressed for outdoor recess every day.
Medication at School
Summer Meals Free at Oaklawn
All students are invited to Oaklawn during the summer for free breakfast and lunch. All children 18 yrs and younger can participate and you do NOT need to be enrolled in summer school.
PTO Meeting (Virtual)
November 14, 2022 Minutes
January 9, 2023 Minutes
March 13, 2023 Minutes
May 8, 2023
PTO 2022-23 Events
- Movie Night - February 24
- Kringle Fundraiser - March 6-16
- Spring Literacy Night - April 17
- Book Fair - April 17 - 24
- Teacher Appreciation - May 1-5
- Dig Into Donuts - May 5
- Dine and Donate - Dairy Queen May 15
- Kona Ice - Last day of school June 2
2022-2023 PTO Leadership Team
President: Jennifer Greenfield
Vice-President: Cassandra Running
Treasurer: Samm Pamperin
Secretary: Shannon Ackerman
Mr. Scott J: Principal 920-424-0170 or email@example.com
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OaklawnOwlPTO
23-24 Supply List
Please click on the following link to view the supply lists for the 2023-24 school year! Link