Newsletter January 4, 2023
- PTO Candy Bar Fundraiser Starts!
- PTO Meeting, 6pm
- PTO Candy Bar Fundraiser Ends! Orders and Money Due Today!
- No School - End of 1st Semester
- 1st Semester Report Cards available on IC Parent Portal
- No School
- No School
- PTO Movie Night
If your child is absent from school you need to contact the school office each day to excuse them. We would appreciate a list of symptoms your child is having when you call so we can keep track of fast spreading illnesses. You can leave a message on the school voicemail at any time day or night.
- Students need to be in their seats at 7:45am. Please try to get your child here around 7:30am so they can line up and walk in with their classmates. If you child will be more than 10 minutes late you will need to contact the office to excuse them for the absence.
- Breakfast in the classroom is served until 8:20am daily. If your child will be arriving at school after that time, please make sure they have had breakfast before coming.
- The school building has some new safety precautions this year. All visitors will be asked to stay in the lobby until they are greeted by the office by using the intercom system. If you have something to drop off, we ask that you label it with the child's name and set it on the counter in the lobby. We will be out to collect it as soon as we are able and get it to your child.
PTO Candy Bar Fundraiser
Your child should have an order form in their backpack today!
It is that time of year where we are growing closer to the holidays, but also seeing an increase of illness throughout the school and community. We want to help you remain HEALTHY and strong to celebrate the holidays with family and friends. The number one way to prevent the spread of illness is with good hand washing! Below are some other ways we can help minimize the spread of illness in our schools:
· Teaching and reminding good hand washing to our students/children
· Teaching and reminding to cover coughs and sneezes (in your elbow...NOT hands)
· Utilize a mask if you are comfortable (to protect yourself or others)
· Sanitizing common and high touch surfaces in your classroom and home routinely
· Stay home if you have a fever, vomiting/ diarrhea, severe cough, or generally feeling unwell
· Get plenty of rest and water
Hand Washing Topic is a great link to utilize to help remind ourselves and students/children of good hand washing etiquette! With your help, we can work to keep ourselves and others healthy! CDC Video (no sound with video):
Kid's Heart Challenge - Physical Education Classes!
Guidelines for Winter Weather Recess
All students must wear snow pants and boots if they want to play in the snow. If students do not have boots they will be asked to stay on the shoveled areas of the track and blacktop.
TEMPERATURE GUIDELINES FOR WHEN CHILDREN ARE OUTDOORS
We keep in mind district suggested guidelines for determining WHEN students go outside for recess, etc. If falling snow is very wet or the playground is very icy, the supervisor on duty will decide whether students should come indoors.
Temperature guidelines that we follow are:
- If 10 degrees or below – STAY IN
- If wind chill is 0 or below – STAY IN
No Parking Areas/Parking Lot Safety
As the weather gets colder (and snowier) we ask parents/caregivers to be extra patient when dropping off and picking up students from school. Please DO NOT park in the No Parking zones. These zones are located on Viola Av around the cross walk on both sides of the street. Cones were put out during the 1st month of school to make families aware of the no parking areas. There is also a No Parking area on Linwood Av along the playground where our school buses park.
Please make sure that all the people who pick up or drop off your child are aware of our parking / drop off / pick up procedures. We have at least 20 feet of No Parking area on both sides of the cross walk so that drivers have the correct amount of time to stop when they see a student waiting to cross the road.
PTO Meeting (Virtual)
November 14, 2022 Minutes
January 9, 2023
March 13, 2023
May 8, 2023
PTO 2022-23 Events
- Candy Bar Fundraiser - January 2 - 11
- Movie Night - February 24
- Kringle Fundraiser - March 6-16
- Spring Literacy Night - April 10
- Teacher Appreciation - May 1-5
- Dig Into Donuts - May 5
- Dine and Donate - Dairy Queen May 15
- Kona Ice - Last day of school June 2
2022-2023 PTO Leadership Team
President: Jennifer Greenfield
Vice-President: Cassandra Running
Treasurer: Samm Pamperin
Secretary: Shannon Ackerman
Mr. Scott J: Principal 920-424-0170 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OaklawnOwlPTO