Newsletter February 8, 2023
- No School
- 4th Grade Field Trip, North High Musical
- Yearbook Group Pictures (K-Kids, Lunch Helpers, Safety Patrol, etc)
- No School
- PTO Movie Night
- PTO Kringle Fundraiser starts
- Spring Choir Concert - Grade 3, 4 & 5 6:00pm (Alberta Kimball Aud - West High School)
- No School
- Final day to purchase a yearbook - Information below
- PTO Meeting - Election of Officers for 23-24 School Year
- PTO Kringle Fundraiser Orders - Due to the office today!
Mar 18 - 26
- Spring Break
- Back in School Today!
Mar 28 - 31
- State Testing for Grade 3 and 5 (More info below)
Thank you to all the students who brought in money for the penny wars last week! It was a great battle but the Kindergarten classes came out on top. The money raised will be used to support the K-Kids activities in the community and we are also donating $400 to the American Heart Association in coordination with the Kid's Heart Challenge in our physical education classes.
Great Job Kindergarten!
Clothing Donations Needed!
The office could use pants for both boys and girls sizes S,M and L. If you are cleaning out and have any pants we would be very happy to take them off your hands.
Yearbook on Sale Now! Last day to order March 12th.
State Testing for Grades 3, 4 and 5
Parents of 3rd, 4th & 5th graders:
3rd and 5th Grade Testing: March 28, 29, 30, 31
4th Grade Testing: April 5, 6, 10, 11, 12 13, 17
Please review the above dates for your child’s Wisconsin Forward Exam. Please do not schedule
appointments, vacations, etc. during your child’s testing window. Third and fifth graders will be tested in
Language Arts and Math. Fourth graders will be evaluated in Language Arts, Math, Science and Social
Studies. Students are only tested for 60-90 minutes per day. If you have any questions regarding the Wisconsin Forward Exam, please contact your child’s
Guidelines for Winter Weather Recess
All students must wear snow pants and boots if they want to play in the snow. If students do not have boots they will be asked to stay on the shoveled areas of the track and blacktop.
TEMPERATURE GUIDELINES FOR WHEN CHILDREN ARE OUTDOORS
We keep in mind district suggested guidelines for determining WHEN students go outside for recess, etc. If falling snow is very wet or the playground is very icy, the supervisor on duty will decide whether students should come indoors.
Temperature guidelines that we follow are:
- If 10 degrees or below – STAY IN
- If wind chill is 0 or below – STAY IN
PTO Meeting (Virtual)
November 14, 2022 Minutes
January 9, 2023 Minutes
March 13, 2023
May 8, 2023
PTO 2022-23 Events
- Movie Night - February 24
- Kringle Fundraiser - March 6-16
- Spring Literacy Night - April 17
- Book Fair - April 17 - 24
- Teacher Appreciation - May 1-5
- Dig Into Donuts - May 5
- Dine and Donate - Dairy Queen May 15
- Kona Ice - Last day of school June 2
2022-2023 PTO Leadership Team
President: Jennifer Greenfield
Vice-President: Cassandra Running
Treasurer: Samm Pamperin
Secretary: Shannon Ackerman
Mr. Scott J: Principal 920-424-0170 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OaklawnOwlPTO